Shawn Biery presented at the 3rd Annual Workers' Compensation Symposium of March 9th, 2017. Here he describes the Claims Administration Workers' Compensation Triangle.
- Critical first step: Complete accident investigation ASAP
- Critical second step: Get HIPAA-GINA authorization signed
- Critical third step: Have designated medical manager/claims handler contact treating physician to confirm:
- Authorization for contact on behalf of injured worker
- Agreement for continuing progress updates
- Learn diagnosis and treatment plan with
- Projected MMI and Compel a date for target.
- Projected RTW modified duty
- RTW full duty
Keefe, Campbell, Biery & Associates ©2017